Terms and Conditions of our Gites
Lettings are normally from Saturday ( 4.00 pm ) to Saturday ( 10 am ). If late arrival is expected please advise.
Booking Conditions .
1. The properties known as Le Pigeonnier, the Pressoir and/or The Farmhouse (the property) is offered for holiday rental subject to conformation by Nigel & Suzie Braybrook (the owners) to the renter (the client).
2. To reserve the property, the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of booking form and deposit, the owners will send a conformation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the owner's reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. A security deposit of £200 per booking is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client's liability to the owner. The owner will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within 1 month after the end of the rental period.
5. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid will be made if the owners are able to re-let the property and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability, etc. Since these are not covered by the owners insurance.
6. The rental period will commence at 4.00 pm on the first day and finish at 10.00 am on the last day. The owner's shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the times stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
7. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed the number stated in the owner's brochure, unless the owner has given written permission.
8. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The owner's reserve the right to retain the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident.
9. The client shall report to the owners, without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant or machinery or appliances in the property or garden. And arrangements for repair and or replacements will be made as soon as possible.
10. The owner's shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property. Nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property or garden, for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner's, nor for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client, if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner's shall within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period. Under no circumstances shall the owner's liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner's for the rental period.
11. The owner's shall not be liable for accident or injury however sustained on the premises or any of the out buildings or garden area by the client or members of their party or guests.
12. Children must be supervised at all times.
13. Clients or members of their party or guests are not allowed to enter any of the out buildings or other property on the premises.
14. Towels supplied to the client are for use in Le Pigeonnier only, and are not to be taken to the beach.
This contract shall be governed by English and French law in every particular including formulation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England . Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England or France .